Thursday, 22 November 2012

Stress: A Student's Life Part 1

Stress. The horror of impending exams the turmoil of dealines and the piling up of assignments. But how do I deal with stress? How can we remain calm in the busy months ahead? How do we know when to chill and when to learn? Well this blog post is specially dedicated to my peers at Bolton Sixth Form College who are being bombarded by UCAS and A-Level/ BTEC work and how I deal with it.

  • I always try to figure out the sources of my stress or anxiety. Knowing the source of the rpoblem is the first step towards dealing with the problem.
  • Taking small breaks during study sessions is always a way to calm yourself down, by small we're talking 5-10 minutes, breaks are not an excuse to slack off!
  • I always make sure to have something to eat and drink BEFORE revising so that my stomach isn't grumbling while revising. Not anything with high sugar levels, a brew is nice to have in the morning but water really is the key for study and being more efficient in dealing with your workload.
  • UCAS and your teachers are there to help with impending deadlines, UCAS in particular has a helpline that you can use for assistance.
  • Some colleges have chaplains or student councillors which can help you talk about any potential problems that may be personal or academic related.

I hope some of these can help, but there will be a part 2 in the future so make sure to come and have a look back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment